Mr. T and I love popcorn. Like legitimately. There was a time in our life when we had it almost every night (though I'm not sure if I should publicly admit that). So, one night, when we were making our beloved treat, I decided to mix things up a little. Instead of just plain old salt, I added some other seasonings. Mr. T loved it (and so did Brooklyn). And, after a bit of tweaking, I mastered a tasty little popcorn seasoning mix so we can use it every time.
Here's how to make your own popcorn seasoning mix:
2 TB seasoned salt
2 1/2 TB onion
1/2 TB salt
2 1/2 TB garlic powder
What to do:
I just put all of the ingredients in a little jar and give it a good shake. Then sprinkle as much (or as little) as you want all over your tasty kernels.
And, if you want to know how to make some awesome popcorn, here's the perfect way.
1.Grab a pan (no microwave popcorn in this house)
2.Put some vegetable oil in the bottom of the pan. You basically want to coat it, plus a little more. So maybe about 1/2 of an inch layer of oil.
3. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter (add more if you like).
4. Put ONE kernel in the pan and cover it with a lid.
5. Once the kernel pops, your oil is ready and you can add the rest of the kernels. Add enough kernels to make a layer on the bottom of the pan. If you add too much they won't pop.
6. Let it do its thing. You may want to give the pan a little shake here and there.
7. Popcorn will be done when the pan is full or when the popping slows to several second between popping. If you're afraid it's not all done, you can hold the plan above the flame/burner to be sure. That way none of your kernels will burn.
8. Grab a bowl. Fill it about a quarter way with popcorn. Then add another layer of popcorn and then seasoning mix. Then just continue until the bowl is full or you run out of popcorn.
9. Eat and enjoy.
You can also save leftover popcorn in a Ziploc bag. Sometimes I like to make some and then just have it for snacks throughout the week. Though I usually eat it all as soon as I make it.
You can also add M&Ms, other candies, or nuts for an even tastier treat
- 2 TB seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 TB onion
- 1/2 TB salt
- 2 1/2 TB garlic powder
- I just put all of the ingredients in a little jar and give it a good shake. Then sprinkle as much (or as little) as you want all over your tasty kernels.