I love burgers. At any and all times. I love them almost as much as I love nachos. It's actually one of the reasons I'm so excited to move back to the Midwest -- burgers on the grill all summer long. And I'm totally not ashamed to admit that. If you think I'm crazy, you've probably never actually had a burger. Anyway. Since I love burgers so much, I, of course, love them stuffed with all kinds of goodness. And a little while back I found it was pretty easy to do at home. Here's how to make some tasty jalapeno cheddar stuffed burgers.
What you'll need:
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground turkey (I mix ground beef and ground turkey because I find they stay together better and it's a nice blend of juicy, tasty goodness when it's all cooked up)
1 jalapeno, chopped
Cheddar cheese (I recommend using a block because you can slice it pretty thick and it's nice and cheesy. You can also eat it while you're cooking.)
2-4 tablespoons of steak sauce (I use A1)
Seasoned salt & pepper (I use a few dashes of each)
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
What you'll do:
1. Mix ground beef and ground turkey in a bowl.
You just want it to be one cohesive thing so each burger gets a good amount of both meats.
2. Add steak sauce, seasoned salt, and pepper. Mix well.
I usually use my hands to get all up in there and mix it up good.
3. Section meat into 6-8 even sections. And form each section into a ball-ish (it doesn't have to be perfect).
Sometimes I get a bit more, sometimes I get a bit less. It just depends on how big you want your burgers.
4. Take one of the balls and separate in half. Flatten one of the halves a bit so it's kind of like a patty. Put jalapenos and cheese on top. Then put the other half of the meat on top and form it into a nice big patty. Make sure to seal the edges up nice so the good stuff doesn't come out during cooking.
5. Repeat with the remaining meat balls.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or cook on grill until desired temperature is reached.
We actually made these in the oven because it was before we had our indoor grill (and we obviously don't have an outdoor grill) and they were delicious.
I definitely should have taken a picture of the finished product, but I was too busy eating it. And now I am sad because I want a burger and all I have are fake meatless burgers in the freezer. Lame.