Taco Tuesday: The Best Taco Meat
Ok, I know I'm a white girl so I'm not going to say that I make the best taco meat in the world or anything, but the stuff I make is pretty damn good. The best part is that it's incredibly easy. I usually make a ton of it so I can freeze it in small batches and then we have an easy meal when we need it.
What you'll need:
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
1 can black beans
1-2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
Water (I don't measure this. You just need enough to mostly cover everything)
Optional add ins: 1 can tomato sauce or 1-2 cups salsa. These are optional as I have made it without numerous times and it's still really tasty.
1. Brown meat. Drain if necessary. Add to crockpot.
2. Chop onion and jalapeno. Add to crockpot.
3. Drain and rinse black beans. Add to crockpot.
4. Add taco seasoning to crockpot.
5. Add enough water so it almost covers the meat.
6. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
7. Add meat to taco shell with a little cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream or greek yogurt. (I also like to add cabbage for crunch). Enjoy your taco.
If you want to make this in big batches, it's really easier. I usually just add one more of everything for each pound of meat that I add. So, if you use 2 lbs. of meat, use 2 cans of black beans, 2 jalapenos, and so on. It's also really easy to adjust this based on your personal tastes.