Taco Tuesday -- Quick Taco Bake
This recipe actually came from my mom and the big huge book of family recipes that she gave me for Christmas. I was a little nervous about it because I've never made it before. But it was honestly one of the easiest, tastiest recipes I've ever made. It also makes great leftovers. Mr. T and I had it again for lunch today.
I put a little spin on it mostly because of what I had on hand. Here's there recipe along with what I used.
- 1 lb. of ground beef - I used some of my tasty taco meat since I had already made such a big batch of it.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion -- I omitted this since I was using the taco meat.
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can of corn, drained -- I used about 1-2 cups of frozen corn
- 1 pkg taco seasoning -- I omitted this since I was using the taco meat. You can also use homemade taco seasoning.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - I think I used a little more than this only because I love cheese.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup of Milk -- I used cashew milk and it turned out totally fine
- 2 eggs
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef and add onion. Drain meat. I didn't do this since I had the premade taco meat.
3. Put in ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
4. Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce, and corn. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over beef mixture. This confused me. I don't know why. Essentially you just mix the Bisquick, eggs, and milk to make somewhat of a dough.
6. Bake 35 minutes of until light golden brown. I think I baked it for about 40-45.
7. Serve with sour cream, chopped tomato, and lettuce. I had none of these so I didn't do this. But I think it would be a tasty addition (minus the tomatoes though for me since I hate them).
Serves 8-10. Or two people for two different meals. Maybe we slightly overdid our helpings?