How to Make Your Own Wedding Favor Bags
I really wanted our favor bags to be personal and fit the whole theme of our wedding. But I had a hard time finding any because they were all super expensive, kind of cheap/crappy looking, or I just didn't like them.
So like a any good crafty gal/DIYer, I made my own and it was actually super easy.
Here's what I did.
What you'll need:
- Cloth favor bags (I made 100 since that's what how many guests we were planning for)
- Stamp (I purchased a mason jar stamp from Darby Smart and used the same heart stamp I used for the napkins I made in this post so it would coordinate with everything else. Darby Smart now actually has a kit for the favor bags which is the same deal so you could purchase that as well)
- Ink in your color of choice (I used black)
Optional (if you want to make tags like I did)
- Paper tags
What you'll do:
1. Place cloth bag on a flat surface.
2. Put stamp on ink pad.
3. Stamp cloth bag.
4. Then just do the same thing with the tags and tie them onto the bag. I just used the little ties to enclose the bag. But they would also look pretty with ribbons or twine as well. Just add that after you've filled them.
It's really that simple.
When it was time for the wedding, we made mustache candy suckers (as a little nod to the proposal) and then added some other fun little candies to bulk it up.
Then we put them in this fun little basket that my sister found and wrote a cute little message so everyone would know to take one (my sister thought of the cute little message too).
A few tips:
Test your stamp out a few times before actually stamping the cloth. You will want to see how it looks. A couple of mine were kind of rough looking since I pressed too hard on the stamp.
Use a test paper or cloth to figure out the placement of the stamp and how you want things to look. You could also buy a couple of extra bags as well.